HEADLINE: FOUNTAIN HILLS UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT – BUDGET, CAMPUS CONSOLIDATION, NOVEMBER BALLOT ISSUES
WHAT: Summary of major items at the June 7 2023 School Board Meeting
- Plans for consolidation of school campuses are ongoing. The Board approved expenditures for perimeter fencing & playground equipment at the new McDowell Mountain School campus, which will house grades K-5 starting in August. The Board also approved expenditures for upgrades to gates, doors, and a sign at the new Middle School campus.
- After discussion about the November 2023 ballot questions, the Board approved the language to be on the ballot for decision by voters. The issues include authorization for possible sale/lease/exchange of the Four Peaks campus property and issuance of bonds.
- The Board recognized the achievements of student athletes from several spring sports. Staff highlighted increasing participation and success in these sports.
- After a presentation on the proposed budget for 2023-2024, the Board gave preliminary approval. Final approval will be considered at the June 28 meeting.
- The FHHS Boosters presented a “poster” check representing a donation of over $330,000 to the District for replacement of the high school football field. Total community donations to date were noted to be over $400,000. The work is set to be completed in July.
CALL TO ACTION:
- Attend FHUSD Board meetings to become better informed about spending, curriculum & other important issues.