HAPPY NEW YEAR PATRIOTS!
Welcome to the 2024 Legislative Updates for 2024!
I sincerely hope that everyone had a great New Year…and hoping that this year will bring good health and new aspirations for all.
Our Legislature did not waste any time introducing new legislation for their constituents:
- 709 new Bills have already been introduced into this year’s session to date; mostly all Republican Bills.
- With over 1700+ Bills introduced last year, I’m curious to see how many there will be this session, including Bills brought back that did not pass muster last session. Guess what?
The Tamale Bill is one of them returning to see if it will pass the legislature’s scrutiny.
That Bill, along with all the Election Bills will be on my radar, as I follow ALL the Republican Bills and only the Democrat Bills that refer to Elections, ESA’s, and Abortion.
If there are any specific Bills that need to be followed, please let me know, and I will keep a watchful eye on them.
REMEMBER, PC’S ARE PUBLIC SERVANTS, WE ARE HERE TO SERVE OTHERS, NOT TO BE THEIR SERVANTS.
We all want answers to questions right away. But, please give me 24 hours to help with anything legislatively. Our Legislators work for us, so be patient with them. Their assistants are swamped with your questions too, so a little patience goes a long way.
HOW TO CONTACT YOUR LEGISLATOR
The RTS (Request to Speak) system is a necessary component to our legislative process. This is an excellent way to share your positions on a particular Bill and let your legislator know that you support his/her legislation. Please review this site and make sure you know how to use it properly. The legislators depend a lot on your opinions and this is where you share them.
The link to sign up for the RTS system can be found here: https://www.azleg.gov/alispdfs/Using_the_Request_to_Speak_Program.pdf
Once again, as a gentle reminder to all of the people who just joined these updates, this is how to read the attachments.
- All the Bills listed on the attachments are mostly ALL the Republican Introduced Bills.
- Most all of the Bills, are the GOP Bills I monitor on a daily basis. The Bills highlighted in Blue are Democratic Bills that I thought were necessary to follow.
- And, the Bills highlighted with yellow in the status and date columns, are noted for your review to see their progression in the legislative process. All Bills are up to date through 1/15/24.
- Remember, each Bill Number listed is a link to the Bill itself and you can access the status, documents and Agenda’s by clicking onto the link. Even though I monitor and keep track of the Bills daily, I only send out Updates on the weekends. So, if you want daily updates on any Bill, just click onto the Bill Number, and go to Overview or Status, for real-time information.
Besides this Cover letter you receive, I will send 2, sometimes 3 attachments. The first attachment is the Updated Legislative Bills for the week, a sheet listing all the Abbreviations used by the legislators, and periodically, I will send out a Citizen Legislator, commentary. Since I will not become opinionated within the Update, the Citizen Legislator is where I will share articles with supporting documentation.
Lastly, I am enclosing two links from the House and the Senate. They list the Session Deadline Dates for both the House and the Senate. Keep a copy handy of each one to make it easier to keep track of specific Session Deadlines.
Thank you all for asking to be a part of this mailing list. If for some reason you wish to be removed from getting Updates, OR you know of someone that wants to be added to the mailing list, please contact me at my email address, Luvbug1611@cox.net
Director of Legislative Affairs for MCRC and LD2
Day 8, 1/15/24
` House Senate Total
Bills Introduced: 628 81 709
Bills Posted: 709
Bills Transmitted to the Governor:
Memorials and Resolutions Posted: 42 7 49
Resolutions Sent to the SOS: 2 1 3
Non-Bill Miscellaneous Motions:
*Bills, memorials and resolutions are measures enacted or under consideration by the Legislature.
2024 GENERAL ABBREVIATIONS
2024 LEGISLATIVE UPDATE 011224