HEADLINE: SPENDING IN FOUNTAIN HILLS SCHOOL DISTRICT
WHAT: Summary of February 22 School Board Meeting
- Major repair of football field: surface carpet material will be replaced under manufacturer warranty, but base prep and installation are not covered. Private donations have raised most of the cost, but about $230,000 still needed (from private sources or FHUSD). Board voted to authorize Superintendent to proceed with the process of procurement for future Board consideration/approval
- Management/disposition of old school sites(s) and empty land owned by FHUSD as a source of income. Presentation and consideration of options for sale, lease, or exchange with primary focus on Four Peaks campus. Consideration of November 2023 ballot measure for voter approval. Decision must be made before June 2023.
- Football field is not playable and absence of a home field will restrict athletic participation and likely cause students to transfer out of FHUSD.
- Past and current enrollment trends indicate that not all school properties will be needed. Four Peaks School building would need extensive & costly repairs (millions) to allow re-opening.
CALL TO ACTION:
- Attend FHUSD Board meetings to learn about spending issues